Are You Paying for an ERP FAILURE?
Tips to find the right ERP Software
When a company purchases an ERP software, the motive behind the same is to increase the company’s profits by streamlining all its process and letting go of the many systems that a company has for various functions. During the selection process for an ERP software, a company goes through many cycles and thought processes. Things like costing, implementation, AMCs and support plans. There is a possibility that the company might settle for a low grade ERP software due to the budget constraints or they may feel that they do not need a bigger ERP Software just because they and their business is still growing.
Incomplete planning or impulse buying will eventually lead to an ERP Failure, the cost of which might be very difficult to regain. Here are the signs that you must be paying for an ERP Failure:
- Scalable – This is the primary indication of an ERP Failure – Scalability. With so many processes and transactions that happen in a company, it is not feasible to keep a lot of system integrated together for everyday processing. This will only lead in further loss and duplicity of data making the work twice now. A good Business Application knows how to scale up with the growing business. Another new software is not required for monitoring the growth and the future of the business.
- All in One Module – The meaning of ERP is Enterprise Resource Planning. What good is a Software if it cannot monitor and hold all the processes together? If you require to manage different software for Sales, Marketing, After-sales, it is a sure sign that you must have selected a software which doesn’t fit your need.
- Customizations – If the purchased ERP system requires a lot of customizations, you know you have invested wrong because though the initial amount may not be that big, with the customizations, they have surely increased. A good business solution knows pre hand what all do you require to grow and increase your productivity and revenue. It will be built in with the required modules and business intelligence with reporting.
- Need for another ERP – You have recently implemented an ERP solution but within a year or three, you have need for another ERP which will help you manage your data well. The first step in buying an ERP software is to first analyze the need for an ERP in your company. If at the initial level itself, we miss to gauge the future of the company, we will end up buying an ERP which does not suit our requirement. After purchase and implement, if we still find need for additional modules or that the new software does not fit the company’s growth and you need a new software very soon.
- Support – This is a very crucial time for the company. After the implementation is over, what kind of support is the vendor giving you? A good business application comes along with a package of excellent support and AMC plans. While purchasing an ERP, do not forget to look in the same.
To know more about how can you benefit from Sage Software Solutions, SMS SAGE to 56767 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org