Digitization is the need of the hour. It allows a business to transcend traditional functions such as supply chain, manufacturing, finance, customer service and address them with a new look. This is where enterprise management – ERP software comes as a saviour. They enable companies to move from paper to spreadsheets and use smart applications to provide enhanced customer service. This article talks about how enterprise technology can help companies align themselves with the current times and achieve digital transformation with ease.
Enterprise Technology in Supply Chain
The supply chain deals with the planning, control, and execution of supply activities. It is a vast network of suppliers, retailers, distributors, manufacturers, and customers that form the backbone of every business. Following points elaborate on how ERP helps manage supply chain activities conveniently:
- Creates job scheduling to let supervisors know what resources are being used.
- Give real-time inputs on the transportation of materials from source to destination.
- Creates and updates Bill Of Material (BOM) in real-time.
- Creates and maintains shipping documents
Enterprise Technology in Manufacturing
Manufacturing is one of the most complex departments to handle in any company. It has myriad processes – removing bottlenecks, maintaining optimum production level, and managing production costs – that need 24/7 supervision. Here are a few use cases of ERP in manufacturing:
- Monitor operations being carried out within the manufacturing facility.
- Makes use of business intelligence to reschedule workflow according to customer demand.
- Supplies inventory data to know the current stock of raw materials.
- Keeps minimal stock by calculating material usage.
- Re-orders out-of-stock materials.
- Provides accurate shipping dates to customers.
Enterprise Technology in Finance
Finance traditionally deals with money management – planning, organizing, accounting, and controlling the finances of a company. Here are a few quick points of how an ERP platform can scale up the speed of the finance department of your company.
- Stores contact and billing information securely in a single database allowing you to create structured customer profiles.
- Creates automatic invoices and emails them to your customer.
- Stores payment history and recommends discounts for aggressive buyers.
- Simplifies the process of generating quotes
- Notifies your customers about any recent changes in the price or specifications of a product
Enterprise Technology in Customer Service
Efficient customer service is the anvil on which strong customer bonds are forged. The following points explain how CRM platforms help do that:
- Agents can access customer data at a moment’s notice
- Customer queries are resolved instantaneously through an array of channels – email, live chat, voice call, social media, video chat, etc.
- Customers can post queries to experts and seek solutions on a real-time basis
- Portals help customers to interact with like-minded people, build communities, and provide recommendations.
Enterprise technology – ERP and CRM platforms – control, operate and upgrade business workflows consistently. At Sage, we are home to world-class ERP and CRM software that help you minimize operational costs and maximize profits. To know more about it, SMS SAGE to 56767. You can also write to us at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: All the information, views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the authors and their respective web sources and in no way reflect the principles, views or objectives of Sage Software Solutions (P) Ltd.