Expert Tip: Implementing Retail ERP
Retail businesses usually involve a huge number of transactions on a daily basis both internally as well as externally. Dealing with vendors and customers along with maintaining record of all the customer complaints and working on them, are just some examples of all the work that a retail outlet has to deal with. All the detail of the transactions then have to also be sent to the parent company and be synced with their data. Implementing a Retail ERP software will enable the Retail outlet and the companies to manage and sync all the data together with less amount of resource time put in.
A Retail ERP allows the outlet and the organization to integrate their business and back office functions together to get a more simplified data without data duplicity and overlapping. Sage Retail ERP refers to a software package that integrates all the data of an enterprise into a unified Information System while using a central database that holds all the data related to the various modules.
Points to keep in mind during Retail ERP Implementation:
- The working culture at the head-office and the retail store might be different. While this does not look important, we need to keep in mind that the people working at the store are the representatives of the company who are facing the customers. For them, it is very important that the Retail ERP processes faster results and is very user friendly which means that the navigation to obtain a report or location is very less.
- Inventory is of a prime importance for any Industry and likewise, even for Retail, managing the inventory on a company level and on a store level is of prime importance. Tracking the damaged goods along with the new stock and the old, is the function which can be taken care of by the Retail ERP implemented very easily. Hence, the Retail ERP needs to be able to show the reports along with the flow of the inventory from anywhere, anytime and on any device.
- Planning the time for the Retail ERP Implementation is equally crucial especially for the retail store. Peak Seasons and Sale period already see the store swarming with the customers. Even during of-season, there are will be certain time during which the customer inflow is less and the implementation along with the training can happen.
- Training is as crucial as implementing a Retail ERP. One thing to keep in mind while training the employees is that they may want the training to be done in their native / local language. A lot of retails operating in Tier II and Tier III cities might not have all English speaking employees and relying a few staff is very dangerous. While training, the parent company and the ERP vendor need to carefully design the training material along with the mode of training.
- With proper training, problems like data leakage and overlapping can be avoided. Retail ERP is used to not only streamline all the processes but also for gaining a leverage over competitors. Sage ERP Solutions has many features and modules which can be used to manage inventory, warehouse, customer service, sales, marketing, sales forecasting and marketing campaign management from one platform.
To know more about how you can implement Retail ERP smoothly and also what ERP suits your business needs the best, SMS SAGE to 56767. You can also write to Sage Software Solutions Pvt Ltd at email@example.com.