As per the latest statistics, the biggest challenge of 65% businesses is lead generation. Lead generation is an extremely important process of revenue generation for any business. Bad or no leads at all result in delayed conversion cycles, which in turn affects the revenues and profits for modern day businesses. However, with the advent of digital marketing, online lead generation has become the most popular medium of business generation among marketing and sales professionals.
93% of B2B companies fetch their leads through content marketing than traditional marketing. Content marketing plays a pivotal role in creating a perfect sales funnel that considers customer journey and their decision making pattern at each stage. The main stages of sales funnel consists of Awareness, Consideration and Conversion.
Also Read: How to build a B2B Content Calendar?
How to determine qualified leads?
- MQL: Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL) refer to those which are more likely to convert when compared with other visitors. This usually is based on certain set parameters like lead behaviors, buying patterns, and level of engagement.
- SQL: Then next stage is Sales Qualified Lead (SQL). This is where your lead is treated an opportunity. At this point, the sales funnel turns out to be extremely important. It is imperative that your sales team should know the conversion process and provide the prospect with whatever information or support they require to become a customer.
How to build sales funnel stages?
Only lead generation is not enough. The leads should be qualified by marketing and sales team to treat them as opportunities and further convert them. A non-qualified lead will result into wastage of time and efforts. Content marketing is extremely important in both lead generation and lead nurturing. During each stage of the funnel, the marketing teams should create dedicated content.
- Awareness Stage: Content that focuses on educating the audiences. This can be done through blog posts, social media updates, website and landing pages, eBooks, podcasts, info graphics, and newsletters.
- Consideration Stage: Content that helps consumers understand why they should opt for your product / service. This can be done through case studies, white papers, email campaigns, free trials / demos, and events / webinars.
- Conversion Stage: It becomes even more important to take care of your customer when converted because the cost involved in acquiring a new customer is more than retaining the existing one. Also, statistics say that repeated customers spend 33% more than a new customer. Therefore, ensure your customers feel relaxed and secured by opting for your product / service. Offer them loyalty programs and referral benefits, share testimonials and free trials / discounts to other products / services for cross-selling / upselling purpose.
How does a CRM tool help?
A Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool assists marketing and sales teams in contact management, customer segmentation, creating campaign workflows, identifying lead sources and lead scoring, addressing the most relevant opportunities and logging in the communication.
Sage CRM is a powerful customer relationship management software with dedicated marketing, sales and customer service modules. It is capable of social media integration to maximize customer interaction and pinpoint underlying issues. Sage CRM reduces administration costs and boosts productivity.
Also Read: How Social CRM can improve your marketing?
To know how Sage CRM will help you fill your sales funnel with qualified leads, contact us here. You can also SMS SAGE to 56767 or write to us at email@example.com for a FREE demo or consultation.