February 24, 2018, Mumbai: Sage Software Solutions (P) Ltd. takes great pride in co-sponsoring the IIT BHU Alumni Meet 2018 held on the 24th of February at the 4-star Mirage Hotel in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
The event was graced by the presence of 100+ Alumni dominated by entrepreneurs, CXOs, top executives and founders of some of the successful startups.
Since it was also the centenary year of IIT BHU, Sage Software feels proud to be associated with the Alumni and the Mentorship program aimed to help build and drive the startup ecosystem in an attempt to contribute to the Digital India initiative. Sage Software has been associated with this esteemed institute’s Alumni since years.
About the Mentorship Program:
Apart from the Alumni, the event’s USP was the ‘Mentorship Program’ aimed at startups, budding entrepreneurs and business leaders. The program witnessed a rendezvous of startup founders and aspiring business leaders wherein mentors delivered corporate excellence and one-to-one mentoring to more than 30 curated candidates, who walked in from diverse sectors.
The mentorship program accentuated and helped candidates validate their startup ideas, pitch to top VCs, learn from industry veterans as well as get inspired from their success stories whilst at the same time connected with like-minded and industry experts.
A quick glance at the mentors:
- Sunil Khanna, 76 – President Vertiv Energy Pvt Ltd and Chairman Smart City and City Connect Initiative, CII WR.
- Anil Verma, 80 – Executive Director Godrej and Boyce for leadership and networking.
- Mayank Pareek, 82 – President, Tata Motors Ltd for general discussion on leadership and connections to corporate world as well as automobile sector.
- KVS Manian, 82: President Corporate Institutional and Investment Banking Kotak Mahindra Bank for Banking connect.
- Alok Tiberwala, 84: Director of BeyondMore designs and mentor at Marico Innovation Foundation for strategy and scale up and social enterprise connect.
- Fazal Ahad, 90 – Cofounder and Director of Mersis Advisor, a boutique investment bank for funding, angel, investment advisory connect.
- Ganeshan Murugaiyan, 94: Head of Investment Banking, BNP Paribas for banking, Investment Banking connect
Kumar Siddhartha, MD of Sage Software Solutions (P) Ltd. was the coordinator for the ‘Mentorship Program’.
Surrounded by passionate and smart industry veterans equipped with best practices and approaches, the IIT BHU Alumni Meet’s Mentorship Program was a meticulous step towards a giant leap in creating future business leaders and innovators.
All the alumni mentors delivered key insights into their ventures and success stories to help budding entrepreneurs learn what it takes to kick-start and scale a company. Long story short, the IIT BHU Alumni Meet served as a perfect platform wherein candidates and mentors along with the alumni were immersed in the perfect environment for the startup magic to happen.
Startups and SMEs are playing a crucial role in the overall growth of country’s economy with millions of job opportunities created every year. Thus, SME’s and startups have great opportunities for growth and penetration across diverse sectors.
About Sage Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Sage Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd is a distributor of Sage Asia Pte. Ltd in India and a leading provider of ERP, CRM and HRMS solutions in India. Sage Software is also a distributor of Pocket HRMS with offices across India. Headquartered in Mumbai, Sage Software Solutions boasts of a PAN-India presence with offices and development centers in Chennai, Delhi and Bengaluru to cater to businesses in every nook and corner of the country.
Sage Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd.