ERP as Document Management System
ERP or enterprise resource management system is not only an end to end process management system but also a central repository for documents, notes and communication for the whole company. Usually when the sales person communicates with a client, there are a lot of documents in terms of notes, invoices, proposals, etc., made. The problem with this kind of document management is that even if they are stored online, they are not accessible to anyone which might create a communication gap if the case is passed on from one team to another.
ERP software is an easy way to handle all kind of transactions along with saving record in a document form. In the commercial world lots of deals of product and goods take place in between two entities and most of the time there should require legal agreement that certify about deal. In any business, we need to identify various deals by the unique documents which can be referred to in the future. For this purpose, each document needs to be isolated with a distinguished numbering pattern also.
An ERP software is the tool that deal with Shipment, Inventory, Orders, Bank services, Taxes, Purchase. By acting as a central document management system, ERP makes the office a paperless office by reducing lots of paper work and providing a flexible and smooth access to information.
Below are the Benefits of ERP as Document Management System:
- Simplicity and Scalability:
- ERP as a document management solution gives the company a simple way to keep your document in one place and it is an easy process to access the documents whenever you need it. An ERP system is easily scalable. That means adding new functionality to the system as the business needs change is easy. This could mean easy management of new processes, departments, and more.
- Save Money and Save time:
- Document management functionality, an ERP maintains the business process while reducing the paperwork and it is a rule-based workflow. Hence, restricting access for the documents to the staff which is not related to the particular process.
- Publishing document with reporting tools and web.
- Re-allocate saved time for employees to more revenue-generating activities.
- Proactively manage internal documents through configurable queries.
- Automatically import electronic transactions, faxes, EDIs, lockboxes, and more.
- Barcode and Optimal Character Recognition (OCR) technologies provide for fast electronic filing of documents.
- In ERP we can save the data with a unique numbering system so it is easy to retrieve it with reporting tools.
- Integrated Information:
- Sage ERP can help in integrating all processes and departments in one. Benefit of this would be that you can save the integrated information like inventory (Stock in, stock out), Taxes, Locations, information (vendor, customer) in one place and from that, we can generate all the desired reporting in one click.
- Sage ERP for Small and Medium businesses provides security in terms of employee mapping, password protection and user rights in its document management module.
To know more about how can Sage ERP help you in protecting all your valuable documents while giving it easy access on the go, SMS SAGE to 56767. You can also write to Sage Software Solutions at email@example.com